Why Should a Building Owner/Manager Have a Smartmaintenance Plan (SMP)?
- Over 80% of all roofs are replaced prematurely.
- 9 out of 10 roofs are installed wrong from day 1.
- 2/3 of all roof failures are from improper installation.
- 40% of all new roofs will leak within 1 year due to improper installation
- Allows for a planned and organized approach to management of the roof
- Proper roof Maintenance is thousands of dollars cheaper than roof replacement.
- SMP’s are fully tax deductible.
- SMP’s typically cost about 1% to 3% per year of the estimated total replacement costs.
- It is money well spent and reduces your out of pocket expenses
- Maximizes your roofing budget
- Allows for responsible, timely preparation of long-term capital expenditures
- SMP’s can save you up to 50% over the life of a 25-year roof compared to replacing it every 10-15 years.
- All manufacturers’ warranties require routine roof maintenance for the warranty to be valid.
- 29% of roof leaks are caused by heating and cooling systems.
- 24% of roof leaks are caused by skylights or louvers.
- Less than 1% of roofs fail due to defective roofing materials; leaving poor installation and severe weather to blame.
Studies have shown that a roof that is not regularly maintained will only last about half of its expected service life.
A Smartmaintenance Plan offers regular inspections and preventive maintenance designed to proactively protect, manage, and extend the life of your roof(s). A commercial roof is a very costly investment. We recommend one of our 3 Smartmaintenance Plans, which are designed to save building owners money from the unbudgeted expenses and unplanned repair costs and gives you peace of mind. A reactive approach (wait for the leak) will always cost more money than a proactive plan to prevent future leaks. In addition to huge financial savings, our Smartmaintenance Plan will allow all building owners and managers to gain a better understanding of their roofs and make Smart budget decisions to properly maintain their roof assets.
THE FIFTH WALL
Your roof serves as the fifth wall of your building. The roof must withstand extreme heat and cold, snow, ice, UV light, heavy rains, high wind, chemical spills, and rooftop traffic. Roofing systems must be 100% effective to keep water out of building.
You don’t think twice about paying for an oil change for your car/truck or HVAC checkup for your home. We all realize keeping our cars and houses maintained is cheaper than getting them repaired if they break down.
Your commercial roof is equally important to maintain…. just as you do your car or home.